Monday, September 22, 2014
Black Enterprise and Walmart To Host Forum on Supplier Diversity -- October 1st in Atlanta
Black Enterprise, a wealth building resource for African Americans, and Walmart, the world's largest retailer, will guide hundreds of entrepreneurs and aspiring business owners as they gather at the 2014 20/20 Vision Forum.
The 20/20 Vision Forum: Supplier Diversity in the 21st Century is a platform where entrepreneurs will be able to explore how to prepare themselves and their ventures to form profitable partnerships with large corporations as part of their supply chain. The forum was created by Black Enterprise jointly with Walmart to educate, encourage and empower audience members to become full participants in wealth creation within the global community.
The event will be held at the Westin Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta, Georgia on Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
Speakers, interviewers and panelist include:
* Earl "Butch" Graves Jr., President & CEO Black Enterprise
* Michael Byron, Senior Director, Supplier Diversity, Walmart
* Alfred A. Edmond Jr, S.V.P., Chief Content Officer, Black Enterprise
* Derek T. Dingle, S.V.P., Editor-In-Chief, Black Enterprise
* Kevin Hester, Regional Merchandise Manager, GA, Walmart
* Carolyn M. Brown, Senior Content Producer, Black Enterprise
* Asia Seman, Cleopatra Shop, GA, Walmart
* LaVon Lewis & Sherrod Shackelford, Co-Founders/CEO's, Pencilworx Design Group
* Anthony Hylton, Senior Director, Walmart Store Channel
* Wallis Shoppy, Senior Director, Strategy and Planning Realty Procurement, Walmart
* Stacey Key, President/CEO, GMSDC
* Renae Keitt, President, Ark Temp Staffing
* Ron Busby, President, US Black Chamber
* Rodney Sampson, Angel Investor/Diversity Executive, ABC's Shark Tank
...and many more!
Topics covered will include:
* Building Banking Relationships
* Shelf Space: Going From Local To National Distribution
* Store Within A Store: Tenant Leasing Program
* Beyond Shelf Space: Service and Non-Resale Suppliers
* Technology, Innovation, Sustainability and Scaling Up
* Next Gen Technology/Innovation
* Capital Access
For information and updates shared from this event on Twitter and other social media platforms, follow @blackenterprise and @WalmartAction or search the hash tag #BESUPPDIV
To register for the event, visit www.blackenterprise.com/walmartatlanta/